After the strain induced by writing such a complex and infinitely witty headline, we think it would be best to stay on target for the rest of the post and merely deliver the facts. LucasArts has announced that its physics-based jedi sim, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, will arrive on September 16th in the United States, September 17th in Southeast Asia and Australia, and September 19th in Europe. That's the plan and, given our anticipation for the title, we can only pray the publisher doesn't alter it any further.
Developed internally for the Xbox 360 and PS3, The Force Unleashed has players becoming Darth Vader's "Secret Apprentice" and, as the title vaguely alludes to, unleashing the force. Other "equally enthralling" versions of the game releasing on the same date include the Krome Studios-developed Wii, PS2 and PSP titles, as well as a DS game from n-Space. You'll be able to spot exclusive footage on SpikeTV this month, but rather than subjecting you to watching it for hours on end, we've posted a schedule of the game's appearances after the break.
- April 6 at 7:58 p.m. ET/PT – between the premiere of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- April 11 at 10:52 p.m. ET/PT – At the end of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- April 12 at 12:00 a.m. ET/PT – throughout an episode of GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley filmed at LucasArts' headquarters in San Francisco
- April 12 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT – before Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- April 13 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT – before Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back