Official Nintendo Magazine talked with lead designer Yoshihisa Hashimoto about the direction of the new title, and learned that the team went back to square one with both the design and engine for the game. The game is said to be comparable to the aging Sonic Adventure games, albeit with a few new tricks and hopefully improved platforming. Regarding the hulkhog, Hashmito reveals that Sonic's altered form controls more slowly (duh), but can knock objects out of the way rather than dodging, and propels himself forward Donkey Kong-style with massive forearms used to swing across the ground.
We're all for rebooting the series, but we personally hope that Unleashed shares more in common with Sonic's pre-Adventure titles, rather than the character-laden, awkward-camera experiences in the Dreamcast outings.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox 360