Before you ask, the answer is no -- we're not going to propose to you. We're in love with ourselves too much to do anything like that, which is why the stage we're showcasing this week is all about narcissism.
If you look closely at the stage pictured above, you can see that it spells out the name of our mother site, Joystiq. Now, that's not to say we picked this stage because we'd be totally fired if we didn't (just play along, folks). Yet, despite our evil Joystiq overlords, we just love the idea of our favorite gaming blog (besides this one and this one) invading our brawls.
Awesome name-in-the-stage stuff aside, though, the level is pretty basic. There are a few falling boxes and moving platforms, but nothing that you Smash Bros. pros couldn't handle. Still, we have to give credit to James Ransom-Wiley for creating this amazing display of self love.
To try out the stage for yourself, just download it here. Once you've done that, you can check out our instructions (posted after the break) if you need help playing it on your Wii.
Of course, this is just week one, and there will be many more stage features to come. We'd very much like to see some of your contributions and suggestions, so send them in to email@example.com. From the hard, to the ridiculous, to the incredibly awesome, to the even more ridiculous, make sure to show us your favorites (and your own creations)!
1. Download the file
2. Save it to an SD card in the following location:
- US versions of Brawl: \private\wii\app\RSBE\st\st_080314_1135.bin
- Japanese versions of Brawl: \private\wii\app\RSBJ\st\st_080314_1135.bin
4. During the stage selection, click "Melee Stages" in the bottom-right corner
5. Then click "Custom Stages" in the bottom-right corner and choose the custom stage you want to play on (this particular stage is called "The 'Stiq")
Still don't get it? Not sure how to send in your own creation? Other questions on the stage feature? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.