Aside from knowing who would grace the cover of Madden NFL 09 we could only confirm that the latest entry in the franchise was in fact based on the sport of American football. However, thanks to an in depth interview with gamer designer Phil Frazier by GameTap, there are new details regarding the 09 season.
New additions to the popular football franchise include:
- Real Football Intelligence: tracks your skill as a player and provides helpful feedback
- EA Sports Backtrack: Think instant replays meets tutorials in real time
- Online leagues are in for up to 32 players including full stats and, trading
- Player Weapons return!
- Total Animation System: Brand new animation system, go figure!
- New holographic training center
- Induction of Tom Hammond and Cris Collinsworth as the new play-by-play and color commentators
- Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions run at 60FPS
- Brett Farve is in the game but not on the Packers roster
- Key specs
- Reviews • 93
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22