Good Morning Azeroth! It's Tuesday, May 13, 2008, and that means maintenance. As we mentioned earlier, it's an extended maintenance, from 3 AM to 11 AM PST (That means you have about a half an hour of play time left), and it's looking rather likely that 2.4.2's going to drop. Exciting news, but that still means that you'll have at least 8 hours in which it is impossible to play World of Warcraft.
Of course, this means the perfect thing to do is browse WoW Insider. Since 2.4.2's probably on it's way, why not browse all our 2.4.2 news?
- The original patch notes are posted here.
- We break down the Undocumented changes here -- including pictures of the new mounts added to the game files.
- You can find the latest test realm page notes here. MMO-Champion points out two new changes: Prince Kael'thas will now drop Primal Nethers in Heroic Magisters Terrace, and the Darkmoon Card: Madness' buffs will now last 60 seconds.
- Check out our reports on all the Hunter class changes, Including Growl and Scare Beast, the math problems and controversy surrounding the Growl change among the Hunter community, and getting your own flight-formed Druid pet.
- Good News for Weaponsmiths, with the epic one-handers becoming non-unique.
But enough about 2.4.2, what about the big news? First, of course, is the fact that Blizzcon 08 was announced. Check out the details and look back on some old Blizzcon 07 memories in our announcement post.
You may also recall all the Wrath of the Lich King news that dropped this week. Of course, you know we have it all for you on WoW Insider. Check it out after the break.
- Check out Amanda Miller's guide to all the information we have on WoTLK, old and new. I recommend the Death Knight roundups and the latest news tidbit roundup.
- Speaking of WoTLK, you can join the discussion to lament about the bad news about the Amani Bear mount from Tigole -- or rejoice over the hints of a Polar Bear mount in WoTLK.
- Check out the freshly released Nexus Information and lore page, which gives us some insight into the struggle between the Blue Dragonflight and Dalaran.
- If you're looking for some good debate and discussion, check out our analysis on the new 10-man/25-man dungeons: Matthew "I hate HKO Insider" Rossi's pro argument, Alex Ziebart's concerns, and my analysis of the possibility of 10-manning Arthas.
If you're looking for some more general discussion and analysis, check out some of our more recent articles and columns:
- See some roleplay descriptions and learn what we think makes a good roleplay description.
- Learn how Blizzard is cracking down on win-trading in the arenas.
- WoW running slow? See if any of our readers' tips can help you.