This week we were feeling nostalgic, and nobody's stages sate such cravings as well as Anthony's do. Therefore, we decided to go with another one of his creations. Simply titled "Metroid," this level recreates the look and feel of one our favorite NES classics. In this side-by-side comparison, you can see how well Anthony captured the essence of the original Metroid.
There are several notable things about this stage. For one, it's about as close to a replica as you can get of Metroid for the NES. From the bottom floor (covered in ice blocks), to the pillar structures in the middle, to the oddly-shaped ceiling, we're very impressed with what Anthony has done.
What's also cool is that you can fight on the top level, too. As a result, this stage is huge. Even so, you don't have to worry about enemies cheaply avoiding you, as getting from the bottom to the top quickly takes a lot of effort.
1. Download the file
2. Save it to an SD card in the following location:
- US versions of Brawl: \private\wii\app\RSBE\st\st_080323_0116.bin
- Japanese versions of Brawl: \private\wii\app\RSBJ\st\st_080323_0116.bin
4. During the stage selection, click "Melee Stages" in the bottom-right corner
5. Then click "Custom Stages" in the bottom-right corner and choose the custom stage you want to play on (this particular stage is called "Metroid")
Still don't get it? Not sure how to send in your own creation? Other questions on the stage feature? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brawl stages you've made or seen? Just email email@example.com. From the hard, to the ridiculous, to the incredibly awesome, to the even more ridiculous, make sure to show us your favorites!
You've just read our Stage of the Week feature, in which we showcase some of our favorite reader-submitted Smash Bros. Brawl stages. If you're interested in seeing the previous Stage of the Week, just click here!