In the world of professional game blogging, the people are represented by two separate, yet equally important groups: the bloggers who investigate the stories and readers who make silly comments. These are the first group's stories.
- Name: Randy Nelson
- Job Position: New Guy, West Coast Guy, "Who's that guy?"
- Past Experience: I'm a reformed tree murderer from what your history books refer to as "games magazines." I was the executive editor of the late, great PSM and senior editor on the short-lived Official Sega Dreamcast Magazine ... however, in one of those "full circle" deals, I actually got my first break in the field working on Ultra Game Players' website.
- Life outside of the 'Stiq: I collect stuff: action figures, movies, computer parts, cats, gadgets, penguins. Can't quite figure out how to build a doomsday device with 'em, though, so I spend most of my downtime snapping photos and playing games with The Navigatrix, a.k.a. my game lovin' girlfriend.
- Why I'm Blogging: At first it was merely a sort of penance for killing all those poor (mostly) defenseless trees. Now I do it because A) I love games, B) I love to write, and C) I can still hear the trees screaming.
- First Game Experience: I was born and raised (well, at least raised) in an arcade. The first game I ever put a quarter in was Pac-Man; my first console was an Atari VCS with ... Pac-Man.
- Favorite Games: Gunstar Heroes, Metal Gear series, Tempest 2000, Ghouls 'N' Ghosts, God of War, Blazing Lazers, Okami, Resident Evil 4, Bioshock, Super Mario Galaxy
- No matter where you go? There you are.
There's more to come
every Tuesday and Thursday.