The best-in-class notification framework for Mac OS X, Growl
, just got updated to version 1.1.3. One of the most missed features of Growl was GrowlMail, which allows Growl to issue incoming notifications from Mail.app -- Apple disabled
this feature in the Mac OS X 10.5.2 release. However, the Growl team has re-written GrowlMail to work with Mail.app and 10.5.3.
Some of the other updates include:
- GrowlSafari now works with Safari 3.0 and later
- GrowlTunes doesn't show ratings from iTunes unless the song has a rating above 0
- GrowlTunes is now localized in German
- Memory leaks fixed in WebKit display
- You are now able to see notifications on every space in Spaces in Leopard
You can see the full list of updates / additions on the Growl version history page
. You can also download this update by going to the Growl website
and clicking "Download." Growl is, of course, free and open-source.Thanks, Peter!