If Blizzard's Diablo 3 FAQ page
is still acting wonky, or if you're too impatient to read through everything here are the highlights:
- Return to Sanctuary, the same world as the previous 2 games. The game takes place 20 years after Diablo 2.
- There are 5 character classes in the game. We know two so far: a new Witch Doctor class, and a completely redone Barbarian class. Male and female options for all classes.
- Havok-powered physics
- Building on previous random environments, Blizzard promises "a host of new ways to create random scripted events throughout the game."
- Upgraded Battle.net
- Deckard Cain returns, but is noted as the "first victim" of the new horrors
- Plan is to release the game "simultaneously in as many regions as possible, and to localize the game in several languages." The game will ship for Mac and Windows simultaneously.