With the downtime from 5 AM - 11 AM PDT this morning, we can hope that a solution is forthcoming. It's not quite enough to apply a new patch, but hopefully Blizzard is using this downtime as an opportunity to kick start the servers a little bit.
Still, once you get past the server problems, this patch has been pretty enjoyable for the most part, although some people are starting to think it may be a bit too easy. If you're still getting into the swing of the patch, this is the perfect time to browse WoW Insider and check out all of our guides and information about the new features in the 3.0.2 patch. Here's some highlights of the past week's news from the patch and beyond:
The Basics of 3.0.2
- Still trying to get your addons up to date for 3.0.2? Check our guide to find some of the most essential ones.
- If you're still not completely sure about the new stat consolidation, check out our primer on unified spellpower.
- If you're still not completely sure what exactly glyphs are for or how to use them, check out our quick guide to glyphs.
- If you're wondering where something went in game, it may have been taken out in 3.0.2.
- Are you a casual player? We discuss what the patch means to you, too.
- If you still have questions after all this, try our 3.0.2 FAQ.
- And just because BlizzCon is and always will be awesome, let's bid it one final fond farewell.
- While this isn't directly 3.0.2 related, you might also remember, as mentioned earlier, that it's Hallow's End time. We have guides to getting the most out of the holiday, including getting the new achievement-based "The Hallowed" title.
3.0.2 Class guides
- Feral Druids, here's your guide.
- Restoration Druids, we have some tips for you too.
- Yeah, we even found someone to play a Moonkin long enough to figure out what it is they're good for. I kid, I kid. Love you, battlechicken dudes.
- We have a guide for Shadow Priests, as well as a talent build to try out.
- If you're more into priestly healing, we have a few builds for you to try out as well.
- For Warlocks, we have guides to all three talent trees.
- Holy Paladins, we give you tips on how to heal in 3.0.2. Tanking Paladins also have some nice new toys for us to discuss.
- Despite that whole "To the ground, baby" thing, Ret Paladins still have a lot to celebrate in 3.0.2.
- For Hunters, we have the new Beast Mastery pet series, as well as a guide on getting started as a Beastmastery Hunter, a guide on capturing and using exotic pets, and a guide to catching a moth as a lowbie Horde Hunter. Oh, and we have some nice buffs incoming from Wrath, too.
- For Shamans, we have a review of the new Enhancement tree, as well as some discussion on the Elemental tree.
- If you don't see your class or spec here, don't despair. Check your class category or the Echoes of Doom permapage. Chances are it was written last week or will be written soon.
3.0.2 Achievement and Miscellaneous Guides
- Looking to start your achievement gaining quick and easy-like? See if you've gained all of these easy goals yet.
- If you're an in-game angler, there's a few easy achievements you can start on today, as soon as the servers come up, if they're stable.
- Even if you haven't fished too much, you can still go after Old Ironjaw.
- Check out some of the other tradeskill-based achievements as well.
- If you're more into the PvP side of achievements, check out our guide to getting some quick Warsong Gulch achievements.
- If you're a gatherer, you may have something extra to show for all that skinning or digging around in the dirt.
- If you're looking to start up Inscription, let's discuss the basics.
- With Wrath raising the bar on hardware, will your computer be ready?
Odds and Ends
- Paid Character Customization could be on the horizon for WoW.
- What's coming in the next few patches? We have a few ideas.
- The BlizzCon bear also showed up game in patch 3.0.2.
- Here's a fun bug if you were cool enough to play a Gnome Rogue: Gnome Rogues on the Shadow Council spontaneously gained the ability to speak Draconic.
- Retribution Paladins are getting quite a few small tweaks. Unfortunately, not all of them are awesome.
- Are you planning to play a Death Knight right out the gate in Wrath? We look at if it's worth it to stop and grind the reputations along the way.