But the good news is that lots of guilds are taking advantage of the easier endgame, so if yours is, be sure to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org -- no down is too small, and no drama is too minor. Whether it's your guild or someone else's, we want to hear about it, and then post it here on GW for all to see.
- Rakin of Deprived on Durotan apparently had a reputation on the server (we've reported on them before) for being a little selfish when it came to leading guilds, so should we really be surprised when he decides to steal from the guild bank and go all prima donna when he can't bring the alt he wants to the raid he wants? As someone in the thread says, "being right was more important than acting right" here, and it should always be the other way around.
- Here's some twisty drama from EU Karazhan -- Fallen recently returned to the server from a short stay on EU Kazzak, and a former member relates some horror stories of raidleaders misunderstanding the way talents work and rushing into fights without making clear what's supposed to be going on. Divine's reply on the next page doesn't make much sense (though we do like the thing about level 1-10 alts being for players with no courage). Divine isn't making any friends of "PvP tards" elsewhere, either. And though the forum post claiming this got deleted, we hear Divine has been dipping into the guild bank, as well as pulling some nerd rages on raids. Sounds like a piece of work to us.
- You think you have had server outages for the past week (and actually, you probably have), but Dreamwhisper on Windrunner had them first -- they tried to go down to the minute for a "Hand of A'dal" title by killing Kael'thas as the patch was about to go out live, and just as they got the guy to about 2/3 of the way, the servers go down, and when they come back up, trash has respawned. No vial, no achievement, no nothing. A bummer for sure, though I guess that's what happens when you try to cut it super close.
- We've been occasionally highlight good guild websites, and while this site isn't all that much in terms of design, we're told that Rhett is Bring Out Your Dead on Runetotem has been keeping up guild morale with his newsposts. We have to admit, they are kind of funny, especially the "Rock Star" parody. And a good way to keep the guild sticking together in the transition to Wrath.
- Well, we guess it worked. LFM KJ on EU Draenor originally made their way into this space a few months ago for ninja'ing raiding members of other guilds to try and put together a super guild to down Kil'jaeden, and apparently we hear that this week, just before the patch, they ended up doing just that. Let that be a lesson to you kids: crime does, in fact, pay.
- More from PkPkGankYouNow on Dalvengyr, who, we reported last week, had a bit of nepotism going on in the guild. Instead, we hear now that Cashi, the rogue who left after apparently being snubbed by the GM for a relative, was "far from dedicated," and that he didn't even show up to the raids until they got close to Illidan and he smelled a chance at a glaive. Our new source says that Cashi's /gquit after not getting the weapon just showed he didn't deserve it in the first place. Good times. On the eve of the next expansion, Guildwatch is going to officially declare the Warglaives the official "Source of Loot Drama" for this column. We wonder what it'll be in Wrath of the Lich King.
- Here's an interesting idea: in order to recognize Breast Cancer Awareness month (it's during October, which is half over already), Righteous Ire on Baelgun is changing their guild tabard to pink. Which we guess helps? Probably would help more to run around Stormwind and Orgrimmar yelling "Save the boobs!" Right?
- HH Summon Drama: someone named Fable on the Stonemaul server has apparently been sneaking into groups and then when it comes his time to summon the holiday boss, he says, "oh, my brother must have used it up." At least three people have confirmed this, so next time he's looking for an HH group, just tell him you already went with his brother earlier in the day.
- Ye Ole Hangmen of Shattered Hand downed the Illidari Council the other week -- they were aiming to get Illidan before the patch, but getting the Council down a day before will work, too. The big guy is on notice for next time.
- Raze of Area 52 downed KJ on the last attempt of the last night before the patch last week. Nice job!
- Unity Path is a raiding group on EU Earthen Ring that just recently finished off M'uru before the patch -- they threw in an extra night of raiding to do the deed, and after some warm up attempts around 4%, they got him. Grats!
- Jungle Style of Windrunner downed Illidan for a guild first. In fact, they one-shotted the entire place, making them 5/5 and 9/9. Woot indeed!
- Eternal Legacy on Blackwater Raiders downed the Illidari Council last week before the patch, and while they wanted to drop Illidan before as well, that had to wait until after the patch, when they demolished the whole instance and Illy D himself.
- Synergos on Auchindoun-H has downed Kil'jaeden for a server first. They're putting Burning Crusade (the whole thing) on farm until November 13th.
- Months Behind (server?) keeps downing bosses -- M'uru got dropped for a guild first, and they finished off KJ for a server second and Alliance first. They even got Thori'dal for an Alliance first and server third. Very nice job! Color me jealous on that bow.
- Lucidity on Thorium Brotherhood-A took advantage of the nerfed endgame to nab Gurtogg, Reliquary of Souls, and Mother Shahraz for Alliance firsts. Illidan's Council also got dropped, as did Illidan later in the week. Archimonde should probably start saying his goodbyes to friends and family.
- HongKong on Aman'thul-A readily admits that post-patch Illidan is a joke (and that they aren't really that prepared), but that didn't stop them from downing him anyway. That's what we like to see! Archi also got dropped later in the week.
- The Pride on Moonrunner-H has been rolling -- Naj'entus, Supremus, Shade of Akama, Gurtogg, RoS, and Gorefiend have all dropped so far, as have Kaz and Azgalor. Mother Shahraz is on notice for next time around.
- Balance of Judgement (EU Darkmoon Faire-A) also took advantage of the patch and dropped Hex Lord Malacrass and Zul'jin to clear ZA out but good. Grats!
- Happier Bunny Squard (winner of this week's Best Guild Name award) over on Wildhammer-H had their first all-guild run in a while, and shut down both Karazhan and ZA. They even had some Pally drama -- a Ret Pally threatened to kill everyone in vent after being /gkicked for harassing people he thought stole raid spots from him (he wasn't geared up for the run). You know when you've got Pally drama that you've made it as a raiding guild.
- Raiders from Damage Done, Guns for Hire, Drunken Cossacks, and Deep Blue went in and killed Kael'thas. Sure, they took advantage of the patch also, but they did pick up the Horde-first Pheonix mount. Grats!
- Knights of the Shadows of Kalecgos continued their progression (aided by new talents) through the Black Temple with a first kill of Gurtogg Bloodboil. The Reliquary of Souls is on notice, and probably would have been downed on the same night were it not for a poorly-timed server shutdown. Hate those.
- Anarchy of Cenarius is recruiting. They have some members who've been around for two years, and aparently their guild leader runs AngryGuildLeader.com (which, unfortunately, looks like it has some cut and pasted Guildwatch content on it). But Cenarius is my realm (shout out to my guildies in Kindred), so these guys must be good people. They're recruiting for BT/MH geared individuals who want to make the best guild on the server (well, second best, ahem) that raids weekends. No drama, very tight and adult humor guild.
- Townshend sent us a note that he's putting together an all Filipino guild with folks from around the world called Eraption -- they're looking for members on Nagrand-H who want to reroll or transfer there. They're just finishing up Karazhan now, and are ready to go to Northrend as well.
- Systematically Insane (server?) is holding open enrollment for mature players who know how to play their class and spec and are ready to raid the level 80 content. Check the website to see what's expected of new raiders.
That not enough guild news for you? There's lots more Guildwatch in the archives, including an honest-to-goodness /gkick contract, and lots of red-handed bank looting. Wherever people /gquit or are /gkicked, that's where you'll find GW!