- Reduced the mana cost of Fireball, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Arcane Explosion.
Living Bomb, which has been something of a controversial talent, has also been polished a bit:
- Living Bomb: Mana cost reduced to be the same as Arcane Explosion; no longer causes the caster to stand up when the final explosion occurs, and it is now possible for each mage to have a Living Bomb active on a target.
- Brain Freeze: Now only works on Frost spells with a chilling effect (was all Frost spells)
- Cold as Ice: No longer reduces the cooldown for Deep Freeze
- Deep Freeze: Now consumes a Fingers of Frost charge when used
And finally, the bug fixes. They may not be glamorous, they may not be exciting, but these rank-and-file patch notes keep the game running smoothly.
- Arcane Potency: crit bonus is now consumed immediately on cast of a spell with travel time, so you can't get double benefits from combos like Fireball + Fireblast.
- Blast Wave no longer gets double the intended crit bonus from Combustion
- Burnout now consumes extra mana as intended when Living Bomb crits
- Focus Magic now works properly when mages use the ability on each other (kinky)
- Frostfire Bolt (rank 2): periodic damage now benefits from spell power gains
- Master of Elements now works with Living Bomb
- Molten Fury no longer prevents Ice Lance ranks 2 and 3 from dealing triple damage against frozen targets
- Torment of the Weak now works correctly when the mage also has Molten Fury