"I think we now have an install base which is big enough for any third party to want to develop for," Maguire said. "Now the decision making part of development is which do you lead your development on? Is it easier to lead with the most powerful, both in terms of AI and graphics, i.e. PS3 and then just remove part of the functionality for the processors that aren't quite as strong?"
Maguire concludes that he "would imagine that's very much part of the thought process now from a studio development point of view." We conclude that games such as Burnout Paradise – which began development on PS3 – look just fine on 360 (as does Mirror's Edge) but Maguire is likely thinking forward about a new round of third party software that's still in its infancy.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25