Downtime today is around 6 hours, from 5 AM to 11 AM Pacific time. If that cuts into your normal playtime, or if you're stuck at school or work, I'm going to suggest my usual: Why not catch up on WoW news? There's a lot of it right now, of course, what with the new expansion. Let's look back at this past week in WoW:
- Hopefully, you had a chance to log into WoW on Sunday or Monday. If you did, you know by now the joy of the blizzard bears.
- The Bear was given out in honor of WoW's 4th anniversary. We celebrated by remembering.
- The Queue, our new replacement-slash-continuation of the old favorite Ask a Beta Tester, is in full swing. Check out what's been answered so far, and ask your own questions.
- BlizzCast 6 is out! It's mostly focused on Diablo and Starcraft, but there's a few things a WoW Player might be interested in.
- Hierloom Items, the new Bind to Account goodies, seem to be on everyone's mind lately. We have a guide to grabbing them for yourself or for your latest new project.
Class News and Guides
- Feral Druids are getting some pretty drastic armor and weapon changes in 3.0.4.
- Speaking of Feral Druids, Blizzard is implementing some AE changes that will give Swipe to cats, as well as improving Shamans and Rogues.
- Hunters, check out our guide to some of the new gear in the Northrend newbie zones.
- Death Knights, we have a similar newbie gear-finding guide for you as well.
- Warlocks, look forward to a rather large change to Ritual of Summoning coming soon to a PTR near you.
- Healing Priests, get some advice on what consumables to bring to a raid.
- Warriors, you'll probably want to level to 80 as Protection. Yeah, you heard me.
- Mages, check out our guide to Wrath reputation rewards for Mages.
- Priests will like our guide to polishing off levels 75 to 80.
More Tips and Guides
- Confused as to how to get reputation and faction in Wrath? We have a guide. We'll also help you make sense of the Oracles and the Frenzyheart, speaking of reputation gain.
- Do you know the way to Dalaran? We do, and we'll help you get there too.
- Insider Traders' push through Inscription continues, this time with 305 through 450 skill.
- If you use a bar mod, and haven't updated it since Wrath came out, you may be missing out on some pretty neat stuff.
- Ever wondered what happened to some of your old Azerothian NPC friends? Apparently, a lot of them went to Northrend.
- Here's a pretty straightforward reminder to everyone as they level up: Check your skill caps.
- WoW's added even more celebrity commercials to its stable as Wrath begins. This time, it's Ozzy and Steve.
- Ever wondered how much computing power it takes to run WoW? It might even be more than you think.
- Just in case you're wondering if Wrath was it, Mike Morhaime has confirmed that they'd at least like to continue with the expansions.
- Mister WoW goes to Washington as a member of President-elect Obama's team is uncloseted as a player.
- Even the Lich King knows that it is a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake.