Actually, I'm a bit disappointed in the Consortium. I really expected them to leverage their vast profits in Outlands to spearhead a movement into Azeroth. They could be making a killing off of Nerubian carapaces and Frostwyrm bone ivory right now... and handing us a bag of Northrend gems every month. Come on, get with it guys.
But seriously. The point is, it's Tuesday morning. And that means downtime. It's an extra long downtime today, 3 AM to 11 AM PST. That means you have plenty of time to browse WoW Insider. Allow me, as is my wont, to suggest some choice articles, guides, and features from the past week for your enjoyment, after the break.
Hot News and Features
- As always, you'll probably want to check out recent issues of the Queue, to see if one of your burning questions or even a question you never knew you had has been answered.
- Have a hankering to check your achievement score at work or school? The official armory can help you with that now.
- If you're planning to tackle the dungeon of Wrath any time soon, you'll want to check out our illustrated tour.
- Dual Specs are at the forefront of everyone's mind right now it seems. Ghostcrawler is speaking out about them too.
Class News and Guides
- Tanks and Theorycrafters will definitely be interested in Ghostcrawler's dissertation on defense.
- Some long awaited -- and long dreaded -- Paladin changes will be going in with patch 3.0.4.
- Elemental Shamans will also be getting some changes in the next patch.
- Also for Shamans, we have a guide to getting rewards out of the mid-70s Northrend zones.
- Rogues, confused about reputation rewards? Check our guide to Rogue reputation rewards in Wrath.
- Hunters, we have a reputation rewards guide for you as well.
- Mages... Yeah, here's a reputation reward guide for you too.
- Finally, here's a Death Knight reputation reward guide as well.
- Also for Death Knights, we have some advice on running your first instance.
- Warriors, ever wonder what happened with Heroic Leap? Be enlightened.
- Arms Warriors may like the latest installment of The Care and Feeding of Warriors.
- Healing Priests, getting ready to raid? You'll want to check out this trinket guide.
Items, Professions, Dungeons, and Reputations
- Be sure to check out the first installment of our new Wrath Dailies series, The Way to His Heart.
- If you still feel like celebrating Thanksgiving, why not slaughter a few turkeys?
- For gatherers, we have a guide for gathering professions in Northrend.
- If you're a new pet collector, or an old one who's knowledge of old world pets is a bit rusty, check out five old world vanity pets you may have missed.
- Speaking of pet collections, Pet collectors will almost definitely want to get some Oracle reputation. That Mysterious Egg has some pretty cool stuff inside of it.
- If you're an aspiring Lore Nerd or an achievement hound, you'll want to know how to get the Well Read achievement.
- What should someone know when preparing to get into dungeon running? Our readers sound off in the latest Ask WoW Insider.
- Getting ready to head into Naxxaramas already? You might want to check out our guide to the Arachnid Quarter.
Odds and Ends
- 15 Minutes of Fame recently sat down with one of WoW's most amazing tanks.
- Guild Fans rejoice. The first episode of the second season has arrived.
- Is Varian Wrynn justified? Matthew Rossi gave us his take on the whole messy matter.
- Gaming isn't an addiction, a professional therapists says (finally!).
- Speaking of The Guild, Felicia Day's been pretty active around the net lately, including having a chat with Mike on last week's WoW Insider Show. She's also been heard giving out a bit of dating advice for the guys.