Fearless TUAW blogger and all-around nice guy Brett Terpstra
wrote about Yazsoft's ShareTool
in a Friday Favorite
post a couple of weeks ago. Just to review, ShareTool
allows you to easily access your Bonjour services on a remote machine as if you were still on your home network -- iPhoto and iTunes sharing, printer access, just about everything you could do if you were sitting at your kitchen table with your laptop.
Version 1.2.5, announced yesterday, has some key new features:
- ShareTool automatically configures routers supporting NAT-PMP or UPnP
- Remote services automatically appear in Finder, iTunes, and other applications
- ShareTool enables remote access for any application or service that advertises itself using Bonjour and runs over TCP/IP
- All network traffic is strongly encrypted. Access to your services requires your Mac OS X username and password
- Dynamic domain name support
- On the fly compression: Transfer large files quickly
Between December 1st and December 31st, 2008, you can buy ShareTool licenses for 20% off. Yazsoft is also inviting TUAW readers to enter their Monster Holiday Giveaway
-- they're giving away 4 packages each containing a new MacBook, a 24" LED Cinema Display, and an 8GB iPhone. No purchase is required to enter the giveaway -- just click on the graphic at the top of the entry page.