Joystiq's sister site WoW Insider celebrated our third anniversary this week, just after the game we play celebrated its fourth. So it was a week of looking both back and forward, as we checked out our top 10 most popular stories of all time, and covered all of the latest and greatest secrets in Northrend and the new expansion. From polar bears to proto drakes, here's to many more years of both World of Warcraft and WoW Insider.
- Loken the most dangerous mob in the game
A look at the game's stats pages shows we've got a new player-killer in town.
- Storm Peaks daily quests reward a polar bear mount
Do your dailies, get a mount.
- Blizzard legal targets private servers
Blizzard lays the smack down on anyone running an unauthorized server.
- Ghostcrawler's thoughts on Death Knights
A dev tells us what he thinks of Death Knights and where they're at.
- Seeking the Time-Lost Proto Drake
Here's a practically free mount, a 100% drop from a soloable mob. The catch? Good luck finding it.
- WoW Insider's top ten stories of all time
On our third anniversary, we take a look back at some of the biggest stories we've posted so far.
- Wrath 101: The sons of Hodir
An endgame reputation grind that's "God of War meets WoW."
- The Queue: Trinkets, sigils, and death by Orcs
Our Q&A column has instant insight every day on what players want to know about most.
- WoW, Casually: 7 reasons to make a Death Knight
Seven reasons for casual players to try out the newest class in the game.
- Know Your Lore: Dalaran
Here's a look at the history of the game's new Northrend hub, and these are some historic streets we're walking.