Name: Vile's Uglystick (Wowhead, Thottbot, Magelo)
Type: Uncommon Two-handed Mace
Damage/Speed: 350-525 / 3.30 (132.6 DPS)
- +53 Strength, +80 Stamina
- Equip: Increases your parry rating by 53.
- Not a bad starter tanking weapon, especially for Death Knights, though really the only reason you'd take this one is if you really wanted a mace and were working through the late solo game. There are better maces later on, of course, but for this mace, the journey is really worth more than the destination -- see below.
- And the note on this one says "Once beaten, twice shy," which is of course a reference to the classic Great White tune (wow, what a row of hair metal classics in the beginning of that clip, right?), as well as a pun on "beaten" and "bitten," since "got beaten by the uglystick" is a euphemism for saying someone is hideously ugly. Get all that? Sure, we explained the joke, and probably ruined it, but at least I got a Great White video linked in there.
- It would be fun if you could actually see mobs getting uglier every time you hit them with this, but you'll just have to imagine it. It might make PvP more fun, though.
Like we said, the quests are probably more fun than getting the actual item on this one, but the questline will also open up some Knights of the Ebon Blade dailies to do. And even if you're 80 already, there's lots of gold to be gotten from questing, so if you haven't done this stuff yet, look it up this weekend.
Getting Rid of It: Vendors will give you 13g 64s 13c for it, or it'll disenchant into a Greater Cosmic Essence (with a chance of a Small Dream Shard).