Phil doing the honors, nobody really thought Apple was planning on revolutionizing anything this morning -- sure, there were plenty of rumors, like always, but most people weren't expecting the moon. What we were expecting, however, was for Apple to come clean on a few things, so bear with us as we file this missing persons report.
- Push notifications. This was supposed to roll out in September and is sorely needed.
- Snow Leopard. Last June Apple said the OS was due in "about a year," so we would expect to start hearing a bit more about it -- or at least notification of a delay.
- Matte display options for other MacBooks. Pretty please?
- Mac mini refresh. The little box has become woefully underspecced -- especially for the price -- and is also lagging a little in the design department.
- A mid-range tower. This is just wishful thinking, but seriously Apple: the demand is there.
- iPhone 32GB. In pink, of course.
- iPhone nano. Our hands aren't getting any smaller, and this SimCity isn't gonna get plumbing all on its own.
- iTablet. Sure, it's been every Newton-head's dream since forever, but that doesn't mean the market for a UMPC-ish iPod touch-like device is there just yet.