The effect was shockingly good in the demo loop of MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, WipEout HD and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. Seeing debris and opposing vehicles actually fly towards us instead of appearing to fly towards us is as much of a graphical leap forward as any console iteration of the past decade.
When we handed back our borrowed glasses (like good citizens) we have to admit it was with a little sadness. To see the future that closely and to know it's still a long ways out makes the waiting that much worse. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25