Okay, to be fair, there is extended downtime this morning, from 3 AM to 11 AM Pacific, but as of this writing, there's no other indication we're getting the patch, and a general feeling that the PTR was patched too recently for this to be a patch day.
As usual, we might as well just forget the patch day divinations and focus on the downtime. 8 hours of downtime equals plenty of time to read WoW Insider. So, here's a list of some of the best content from the past week:
Hot News and Features
- Anthropologists go into a lot of remote corners of the world to study human behavior, culture, and society. But what happens when one braves Azeroth?
- Hey Rookie, here's what you need to know about grouping in WoW.
- Our new Achievement column, The Overachiever, will focus on a how to gain a new achievement each week. This week: Touring the Fjord.
- Here's another possible addition to your spring courseload, college students: WoW Economics!
- Ready Check has a look at Naxxramas' Construct Quarter this week.
- In a somewhat subtle but major move, Blizzard has changed the way dispel resistance works.
- Has the Ghostcrawler experiment worked?
- Having trouble with ghost talents? 3.0.8 may bring some relief.
- Fresh level 80 Restoration Druids will want to read this gearing guide.
- What exactly is the deal with Honor Among Thieves?
- Is 3.0.8 the rise of the Shaman?
- Sudden Death is suddenly not so sudden for Warriors in 3.0.8.
- Death Knights got a whole new wave of changes in the latest build, including the removal of defensive 2-handed Blacksmithing Weapons and a nerf to Killing Machine. We broke those changes down for you in our latest installment of Lichborne.
- Hey Mages, looking to get into Naxxramas? Check our pre-Naxx gear guide.
- This week, Spiritual Guidance focuses on 3.0.8 for Priests.
- Here's a 3.0.8 profession change: Mining Nodes are one tap each.
- If you've been stocking on Relics of Ulduar to sell once 3.0.8 hits, you may want to brace yourself. They may stay soulbound after all.
- The Winds of the North achievement is getting a much needed change. Let's just hope this doesn't mean Blizzard's going to ignore the Sunreavers and the Silver Covenant, though.
- Think your questing days are over once you hit 80? You should think twice about that.
- Confused by Strand of the Ancients? We have a few tips for you.
- For better or worse, 10 hour Arena matches will be a thing of the past in 3.0.8.
- Insider Trader rounds up the latest 3.0.8 profession change news.
- Pet collectors can breathe a sigh of relief, as they now need only 75 non-combat pets for the new achievement in 3.0.8.
- Tanks and enchanters, don't get too angry just yet. Titanguard's probably still in game.
- Remember that one funny thing that happened in WoW that one night? Ding! wants to know about it.
- Logitech has some pretty drool-worthy gaming peripherals coming out.
- Still struggling with queues? You're not alone. Even as we leave the holidays behind, there's just no underpopulated PvE realms left.