Updates and Improvements
Because Loren was nice enough to let me into the Tweetie beta, I've had the opportunity to watch some of the new features evolve and improve over the last month or so. What was already a great app is now even better, thanks to new additions and refinements to existing features.
- Instapaper support. Now if you see a link in a tweet that you want to save for later, you have the option to save it to Instapaper, in addition to e-mailing, tweeting or opening the link in Safari.
- Block/unblock from the app
- Remember scroll position on relaunch and refresh
- Twitpic linking for photos
- Optional landscape keyboard (note: if you choose this option you will have landscape mode regardless of how your device is held.)
- Switch account from the "compose" menu (super helpful if you manage accounts that have some overlap in followers)
- A new "Swipe to reply" shortcut
- Drafts persist after relaunch
- Nearby radius control
(A note: To access some of these new features, you'll need to go to the Tweetie pane in "Settings" on your iPhone or iPod touch and then select or change your preference.)
Popularity EnhancEr = Hilarity
We love it when developers have a sense of humor. Not content with having Tweetie become popular just because it is a quality app, Loren Brichter decided to bring a taste of the more popular -- if inane -- App Store apps: farts and flashlights.
Enable the Popularity Enhancer and not only do you get a nifty flashlight, the new swipe to reply feature will make a hilarious wet fart sound.
Tweetie 1.2 [iTunes link] is availalbe in the App Store for $2.99 US and of course, existing users can download the update directly from the device or from iTunes.