Assembly and Orbital have easy to obtain skulls but Sandbox can be quite a pain in the (Mark VI-plated) butt. The Sandbox Skull is hidden beyond the boundaries of the map so expect the large (Guardian protected) light towers surrounding the area to decimate any player who attempts to leave the area. Fortunately, with the help of a trusty teleporter, we were able to snag yet another Halo 3 Skull. A detailed description of how to grab the Sandbox skull can be found after the break.
[iTunes] Subscribe to X3F TV directly in iTunes.
[Zune] Subscribe to the X3F TV directly (Zune Marketplace link coming soon).
[RSS] Add the X3F TV feed to your RSS aggregator and have the show delivered automatically.
[MP4] Download the MP4 directly.
Patience is a virtue ... the Sandbox Skull can get frustrating but it is very possible:
- In the Forge Edit Mode, set up a two-way teleporter node within the map (Selecting a channel will help you control where you are sent in case you make multiple attempts)
- Set up another node (with the same channel) with the exit arrows pointing toward the wall
- Locate the area to the right of the Sunset, over the hill against the far wall at the edge of the map (We zoom into it to show the precise area in the video above)
- While still in edit mode and holding onto the second teleporter, hold down the left trigger and right bumper to move the Monitor quickly and high off of the ground
- When you pass the edge of the safe zone you will hear beeping, this signals the towers will attempt to destroy you
- Sway the monitor back and forth, attempting to dodge the lasers
- Get to the wall and drop the teleporter near or on the skull
- You can now teleport near the skull ... but be wary as the Guardians will not be pleased with your trickery
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22