"Christmas 2008 was the biggest sales period in the history of the Xbox brand," said Microsoft's VP of Interactive Entertainment Business in EMEA. "Sales of the console were more than double over the period a year before, in excess of 120 per cent in fact."
Nothing too surprising, seeing that NPD numbers showed strong 360 sales in December and considering the fact that, this past autumn, Microsoft lowered hardware prices in Europe. It'll be interesting to see how the console market plays out in 2009, especially with rumors of a PlayStation 3 price cut and the potential market shift that could result.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Microsoft Xbox One