With Quake Live finally opening its doors to the public today, we asked if the two development teams – at both Pi and id Software – shared any insights into updating the FPS staple. Quake Live producer Marty Stratton said they shared "where it's made sense" – think "gameplay changes," "some ... new content," and some "new character skins" but not the newer, "more PC-centric" arenas. If they can get the finished game in front of Microsoft "within a month or two" like Carmack estimates, we may get multiple Quake 3 fixes within the year.
Check back later today for our full interview with id's John Carmack and Marty Stratton.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Microsoft Xbox One