Tonight's new release brings in some new features and workarounds to existing services:
- The excellent music service, Pandora, is now built-into boxee, using the new boxee API
- Speaking of the API, it should now be easier than ever for users to contribute add-ons to the project to integrate new service
- BoxeeHQ has launched its PBS App Box app. It's pretty solid and provides access to many of public broadcasting's best content
- A new XUL-based browser for Hulu and other content. This is big, because XUL is the framework that Mozilla uses for Firefox, meaning, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to restrict access to RSS streams accessed by boxee.
- RadioTime support for over 100,000 terrestrial radio stations that can be streamed worldwide.
And of course, controlling boxee is now even easier using the free remote for the iPhone and iPod touch.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16