One of the reasons the series has been so poorly adopted in the west is that we tend to play either alone or online. In Japan it's far more common to play together in the same room -- particularly with handhelds. The details have yet to be finalized but it looks as though an entire three story building will be made available throughout the month of July for gamers to drop by and play with other Monster Hunter players, enjoy free "sweets and fizzy pop" and charge up their PSPs.
The Monster Hunter den will be open until "at least 8 p.m." each evening, after which the games can continue down at the pub. Sounds like an ingenious (if costly) marketing ploy to us. We'll keep you informed of the details once they're finalized.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 108
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 71.4 x 169.4 x 18.6 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2008-10-15