In addition to talking up online gameplay for stuff like Smash Bros. and Mario Kart Wii, the campaign actually mentions the Virtual Console and WiiWare, which seems like a rare move for anything aimed at the "expanded audience." There's also a Guitar Hero: World Tour trailer which mentions the game's DLC.
This approach contrasts with Nintendo of Japan's attempt to bring more Wiis online: a campaign through which Wii owners receive 500 Wii Points for helping someone else go online with their Wii.
[Via Edge, New Media Age]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 330
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19