Similar to XBLA titles, new releases will be made available weekly for a price comparable to what the boxed version is selling for at retail. Once the service -- which is integrated into the Games Marketplace -- launches, 360 game download purchases can be made using Microsoft Points or using a credit card.
Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed and Civilization Revolution were used as examples of titles that will be available via the service. The possibility to downloading games on a rental basis was brought up but not confirmed, with MS stating that it is always looking to evolve its services.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Microsoft Xbox One