In the world of Mac telephony software, there's one leading product -- Parliant PhoneValet
. Parliant today released version 6.0
of PhoneValet with some new features that make it even more attractive to small business owners. Those features include:
- Live receptionist -- Want to have a real person answer and direct calls? PhoneValet now allows a receptionist to perform those functions.
- Call out to deliver voice mail -- To keep employees in the loop when they're on the road, PhoneValet will call their cell phones to deliver important voice messages.
- Change greetings remotely -- Prior to version 6.0, PhoneValet users had to be sitting at a computer to record new outgoing voice mail greetings. Now they can do this from any phone.
- Mailbox privacy -- Messages for others on a shared PhoneValet server are now hidden.
- Network dialing -- Desktop dialing is now available to any PhoneValet or PhoneValet Anywhere user on the network.
- Shared phonebook / call log editing -- PhoneValet Anywhere users can now edit phonebook entries or trim call logs.
PhoneValet 6.0 is available for US$169.95, which includes a USB phone adapter, or to existing owners of PhoneValet for US$39.95. PhoneValet Anywhere, which allows users to access their PhoneValet messages from Windows PCs and iPhones among other features, is an available add-on for US$59.95.