It appears that a short while back, XNA developers were informed by the lordship at Microsoft of the things they can't have the Xbox 360 Avatars do in their games. The list is pretty much designed to stop some ambitious developer from making the most adorable Grand Theft Auto clone ever. Here's some of the rules:
- Avatars can't engage in violence that causes "blood, gore, dismemberment, decapitation, maiming, or mutilation. ... Avatars can die temporarily to depict failure"
- They can't talk.
- Forget any sexual innuendo or "mildly explicit sexual descriptions or images or sexual posturing."
- No bodily fluids can come from the Avatar.
- Avatars can't go on glamorized crime sprees.
- Avatars can't spend time with Mary Jane, shoot up, snort or do any other "controlled substances" ... they can't even smoke normal tobacco.