OK, if you have an Xbox 360 and live in a participating country, it's time to check out the 1 vs. 100
beta. Remember, Xbox Live silver members are good to check out the game now for a limited time
. The live shows are definitely solid times for trivia buffs, but the real fun is watching the mob lose way more members than it should through ridiculous or easy questions. Some of the best moments so far: the 50 people knocked out who didn't know that Bell invented the telephone and the infamous question about Jessica Simpson's hair extension brand. Check out the live game tonight and tomorrow, if you can. Oh yeah, one more thing, don't take the money!!!
There is none!
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Moving forward with Broken Steel. Still have a lot of the Wasteland I never explored.
- Andrew Yoon: I'm playing the same game as James this weekend. Oh, and Cuboid.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): Street Fighter IV arrived from GameFly and promptly took over my apartment, so there's that. Still attempting to complete Fallout 3 sometime in 2009 and, with any luck, I'll jump into Mass Effect as well -- er, at least that's what I keep telling myself.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): RE5 co-op, if I can manage to carve out some time. Silent Hill: Origins on PSP if, for some inexplicable reason, I find myself out of the house. And I'm winding my way through the excellent "See the Future" DLC pack for Fable 2.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): Now that I've pretty much done as much Ghostbusting as I could possibly do, I'm looking to give Point Lookout a download. Also, me and a friend have gotten back into Burnout Paradise, so I'll probably play a bit of that, too.
- Dustin Burg (@SuperDunner): Two words: Teh Haloz.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): While not performing ceremonial wedding rites for my cousin (grats, Megan and Phil!), I'll be playing more of FF7. I'm nearing the end of the first disc, and I've probably put 80 hours into level grinding specifically for Aeris. She's level 99 now, and really become an unstoppable powerhouse. Can't wait to ride her coattails all the way to the end of the game.
- James Ransom-Wiley: I'll be playing Find a New Apartment!
- Jem Alexander (@Yembles): Rock Band Unplugged has me completely addicted, despite the DLC problems. When I'm not playing that -- ie, when my PSP is charging -- I'll be playing my other current addiction, Zuma. Who knows, I might actual start a new game this weekend, too. That's if I can ignore the nagging voice in my head telling me to go back and seek out those last five blast shards in inFamous. Where ARE they?!
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): I'm getting my Professor Layt-on this weekend.
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): ...
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): Looks like I'm jumping into Overlord: Raising Hell and Overlord II for an experiment, and still trying to conquest the world in Magic: The Gathering on XBLA.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I'll attempt to finish up inFamous this weekend (please, no more bus escorts) and possibly delve into Red Faction: Guerrilla afterward. Then again, I might just opt for something old-fashioned and linear and get Klonoa on my Wii. Eh? What's so funny?
- Majed Athab: Hitting up Shadow of the Colossus and then Super Mario Galaxy.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin): It's "Catch up with Fallout 3 DLC" weekend. It was going to be "Ketchup with Fallout 3 DLC" weekend, until I realized (thankfully before it was too late) how messy that would be.
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): Wrapped up Prototype and am now finally delving into Bionic Commando (on Commando difficulty). Digging it so far. If I can find enough time, maybe some more Sam & Max Save the World. Also, um, Griffin, about Aeris ... never mind.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): It's going to be a weekend love affair with The Conduit and Battlefield 1943.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Actually knows the name of Jessica Simpson's hair extension brand.)