Now mind you, by the time you read this, you'll probably know for sure if it's going down. But me, here, on a warm Monday evening, I'm just finishing up some writing before I meet some friends for $2.50 beer night at the local microbrewery. So consider this, if you will, a message from the past, a past where the future was uncertain, but hope reigned supreme; Where we all looked forward to a pleasant evening and a bright tomorrow.
Wait? What's that? It is coming out? Oh sweet. Okay guys. Be sure to check out our guide to Patch 3.2 for all the latest new and guides on the new patch content.
Also on the list of what is confirmed is that we have extended downtime. All servers will be down from at least 3 AM to 11 AM Pacific time, and a couple battle groups will be down even longer. Considering that, you will probably have some time to catch up recent WoW news, so let me lay it on you:
Hot News and Features
- Check out Blizzard's Q&A on the Isle of Conquest and the new Crusader's Coliseum dungeons.
- Yes, those BlizzCon barcodes are apparently the real deal.
- the WoW.com profiler now supports European characters.
- WoW China is back in action, but the Censorship is getting sort of silly now.
- TCG Mounts will now be BoE in an effort to head off scammers.
- All the World's a Stage looks at a crucial difference between Warhammer RP servers and WoW RP servers.
Class News and Guides
- Rogues got thier class Q&A, as did Priests, thus finishing out the lot.
- Rage is ever problematic, and there's a lot of ideas on how to fix the system. Here's one more.
- Scattered Shots takes a look at the Hunter Q&A.
- Arcane Brilliance looks at essential Mage PvE addons.
- Lichborne laments over Unholy in patch 3.2.
- Veritable Avarice, a new WoW moneymaking blog, recently took a look at healing, tanking, and DPS breakdowns by class.
- Once 3.2 is out, you may want to start your adventures by clobbering a Kraken.
- If you're still struggling after that Crusader title, maybe Turpster's guide to Jousting will help.
- What might the next level of questing look like?
- Draenic Pale Ale is the latest brew of the month.
- Thorim remembers you... in the mountains.
- Battlegrounds are getting a lot of focus lately, and will get even more focus soon enough. But what exactly are the problems with Battleground balance, anyway?
- The Drama Mamas discuss loot-and-leavers.
- Still getting acclimated to WoW? Check out WoW Rookie guide for some guidance.
- Can't make BlizzCon? Let's discuss virtual attendance options.
- There's WoW players everywhere these days, including on popular dancing-related TV shows.
- So someone snuck out a copy of Sam Raimi's WoW movie production dairy.
- WoW, Casually discusses playing with your reading age child.
- Wow.com's August Guild of the Month contest is on!
- The Wowathon is on. These gamers hope to raise money for the Child's Play charity by doing some playing of their own.