- New "Load More..." button at the bottom of the timeline to retrieve older tweets
- New "Following" and "Followers" lists in author view
- Support for recording, posting, and viewing videos (recording and posting require iPhone 3GS)
- Built-in browser now supports landscape orientation
- Image links are now displayed in a photo viewer
- Long uploads now show a percentage completed
- Added in-app email support
The update comes with bug fixes as well, including improved typing speed, plugged memory leaks, and many more.
Twitterrific is the only Twitter client app I've used for my iPhone so far. The free version may be ad-supported, but even before this update its smooth interface and impressive functionality were enough for Twitterrific to make it to my iPhone's first page of apps. So far the update seems to run far smoother, and the added features, particularly "Load More..." and the Following/Followers lists, ensure that this will most likely remain my Twitter app of choice.
I don't have a 3GS, so I wasn't able to test the video upload feature in Twitterrific 2.1. Our own Dave Caolo used it on his 3GS to upload a ten-second film, and he said it took less than thirty seconds to upload it over 3G.
Oddly enough, even though the app has a built-in internet browser, it's still only rated 4+. Other apps have run into approval hurdles from Apple's app store requiring them to be rated 17+ because the built-in browser "could be used to link to objectionable content." Perhaps we're seeing the end of this practice?
- Key specs
- Reviews • 39
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19
Apple iPhone 3GS
Apple iPod touch 5th-gen