Speaking at GamesCom, Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase commented: "This isn't the final count yet, but we're aiming for about three discs." The team is working to compress as much as possible, while still keeping the quality high. Interestingly enough, at three discs, Final Fantasy XIII won't take the crown for the 360 game with the highest disc count. Instead, Microsoft's exclusive Lost Odyssey manages to stay on top with its four.
Releasing a multi-disc Final Fantasy game isn't new for Square Enix. In fact, the company launched Final Fantasy VII on three discs back in the PS1 era. In spite of the burden of having to change discs, we heard that game turned out pretty alright.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Microsoft Xbox One