- Whichever battleground is currently on its holiday weekend will also be a rated battleground for that week.
- Battleground wins will award both rating and arena points. Battleground losses won't punish you with a ratings loss, but also won't award any points. I would assume that you can continue to accrue honor and a single BG token per loss. Points earned will be capped at a certain number (not yet known) per week to keep rated battlegrounds from feeling too "grindy."
- Your battleground ratings will, like the current arena system, encompass two ratings: a personal and a match-making rating.
- Old PvP rankings will make their reappearance as end-of-season titles (e.g., "Scout," "Commander," "Centurion"). No word yet on whether these are permanent or if, like the non-Gladiator arena titles, you have to earn them each season to continue displaying them.
- "Special epic ground mounts" will be made available to people playing the rated battlegrounds.
- Rated battleground wins will also contribute to the new guild talent system.
BlizzCon 2009 is here! WoW.com has continuing coverage, bringing you the latest in Cataclysm news, live blogs, galleries, and reports right from the convention floor. Check out WoW.com's Guide to BlizzCon for the latest!