Sony's marketing gurus are pulling out all the stops to make sure people hear about their newly emaciated console -- in Japan, they're even making special efforts to totally creep people out as they do so. The "Play Face" campaign has expanded beyond the realm of bizarre television advertisements, and landed squarely on the walls of Tokyo's super-busy Shibuya station. Japanese tech blog AndriaSang captured the haunting sight, seen in the image above.
We briefly considered sending in our own countenance to the Play Face campaign's website, but we're not sure that our current look of complete and utter confusion would help sell any hardware.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 120 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Weight 7.1 lb
- Discontinued 2010-09-17
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)