MCV reports that Sony has already produced a number of 3D games via its internal development studios, but won't announce the games "until an industry 3D standard has become apparent." This move should be unsurprising, considering the tech demos presented at CES earlier this year, with MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, WipEout HD and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue all running in 3D.
While we're not entirely sure consumers will jump on the 3D bandwagon as soon as next year, the technology is already slowly proliferating. The recently released Invincible Tiger on PSN, and the upcoming Avatar, can both run in 3D -- provided you have a TV that can support the still-in-development tech.
Source - Financial Times: Sony to throw its weight behind 3D TV
Source - MCV: Sony: 3D TV 'in every home' next year
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25