It's been a longer-than-usual wait, but Nintendo has finally gone ahead and updated with this week's downloadable content. In addition to new WiiWare games, a new Virtual Console game and some fresh DSiWare content, there's a renovated Nintendo Channel to check out. Head past the break and see what's in store this week.
- Art Academy: First Semester (Nintendo, 1 player, 800 DSi Points): Nintendo turns the DSi into an art class with its latest DSiWare title. The first semester of this virtual course covers the basics of pencils and painting, providing insight into texturing and blending techniques. Don't expect it to teach you how to paint those happy little trees, though.
- Oscar in Toyland (Virtual Playground, 1 player, 800 DSi Points): The self-proclaimed "fabulous jump-and-run game" stars Oscar and places him in a variety of different environments themed around soda, candy, amusement park rides and more during his trek across Toyland. We suggest you keep your eyes peeled for creepy bunny rabbits.
- Texas Hold 'Em Poker (Gameloft, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): Featuring support for up to six players, this is ... poker, pretty much. There are also head-to-head modes if you're looking for something with a faster pace.
- Spaceball: Revolution (Virtual Toys, 1 -2 players, 800 Wii Points): In space, you can't hear a ball scream -- mostly because balls don't feel pain. Also, they don't have mouths. Nonetheless, they do have the cognitive capacity for a puzzle-based revolution, so take that.
- Mart Racer (Joju Games, 1 - 4 players, 800 Wii Points): No, it's not a typo. The game really is called Mart Racer and, unlike the kart racers before it, takes racing to a whole other level: the supermarket. It reminds us of that two-part episode of Married with Children.
- Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge (NES, 1 - 2 players, 500 Wii Points): Made by the same team that brought us Super Dodge Ball, this sports title throws the rule book out the window in favor of a more chaotic, no-rules experience. There's just something special about underwater martial arts that brings a tear to our eye.