Let's assume that the next letter with the pony ankhing and hitting him in the back with a Flame Shock will be well received. For pony! What are the changes to Shamans in patch 3.2.2 to discuss? Let us look, cannot we? (Space Mutiny voice off.) For the changes follow us behind the jump please.
- Cleansing Totem: No longer pulses instantly when dropped.
- Flame Shock: The duration of all ranks has been increased by 6 seconds.
- Lava Burst: This ability no longer ever consumes a Flame Shock debuff off of the target.
- Elemental Combat
- Shamanism: Your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells gain an additional 3/6/9/12/15% and your Lava Burst gains an additional 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus damage effects.
- Earthen Power: No longer causes Earthbind to pulse a persistent snare immunity aura. It does still remove snares from allies as an instant pulse, but there is no lingering immunity. Earthen Power now also brings Earth Shock's melee attack speed reduction up to -15%/-20% (with 1 or 2 points in it, respectively).
- Grounding Totem will now properly protect against the Death Grip spell.
- Lava Burst can no longer deal critical damage to targets who are immune to critical strikes (due to, e.g. Roar of Sacrifice, Blessed Resilience).
- Lightning Shield: This spell will no longer set off some trinkets when it is cast.
- Stoneclaw Totem's pulses will no longer break stealth on nearby hostile units.
- Thunderstorm and Shamanistic Rage can no longer be used while Frozen, Cycloned, Sapped, or Incapacitated.
If you think I'm unfairly harshing on Rogues here, it's true that this change also leaves us helpless before Druids, Mages, and Paladins, as well as possibly against those Warriors charging here and there. But I hate Rogues more than all of them put together so that's who I complain about. It's petty and small of me, but I'm a wicked, wicked man.
The other changes are a mixed bag. Don't like the change to Cleansing Totem clearly (to me anyway) aimed at keeping us from chain dropping it to clear DK diseases in PvP. I like folding the old Flame Shock glyph into the spell. I like the new Flame Shock glyph. Lava Burst getting more juice from Shamanism? This is good. Shamanism effecting Chain Lightning as well as Lightning Bolt ad doing more for LB? This is good. Grounding Totem grounding Death Grip? Also good. The changes to Lava Burst and Lightning Shield as well as Stoneclaw not breaking stealth were expected.
Overall, this wasn't a huge nerf to Shamans(in some ways it was a pretty nice little buff), but if you PvP (and especially if you PvP as Elemental) it wasn't a sunshine and pixies magical parade to the land of wonderment either.