If you fall into the latter group, we'd just like to thank you for waking up this early to check out what's available for download today on the Wii and DSi. It's nice of you to do so considering you don't have any obligation to be up before noon. Boy, that must be nice. So head past the break and see what's available already!
- Art Academy: Second Semester (Nintendo, 1 player, 800 DSi Points): In this follow-up edition of Nintendo's go anywhere art instruction application, players are given a Free Paint mode, as well as a "an even deeper understanding of colors and techniques used by famous impressionist artists."
- Dragon Quest Wars (Square Enix, 1 - 4 players, 500 DSi Points): Not to be confused with Dragon Wars, Square Enix's strategy spin-off takes the battles of the series to the grid. Players can choose from a variety of classic Dragon Quest monsters, then head online to battle or use the game's wireless play functionality to duke it out with a friend in local multiplayer.
- Arkanoid Plus! (Taito, 1 - 2 players, 600 Wii Points): This update to the arcade classic fits 61 new maps into the experience, as well as a new Vs. mode and Time mode for those that need more pressure in their lives. The game even adds in a few boss fights for good measure.
- Driift Mania (Konami, 1 - 8 players, 800 Wii Points): All we know is that the game is a top-down racer. Seriously, that's all the description says.
- Altered Beast (Sega 1 - 2 players, 1,000 Wii Points): The classic transform-em-up emerges this week, bringing all of the thrills of punching and kicking to the Virtual Console. You'll have to fight your way through waves of baddies as you seek the ultimate transformation: Golden Werewolf.
Nintendo Wii console