This problem can be attributed to the fact that the update makes changes to the Wii's all-important bootloader. If any problems arise during installation, the bootloader becomes corrupt, and the Wii becomes incapable of loading any software. A Nintendo technician has responded to the reports, saying anyone who's experienced these problems on their totally legit hardware can send it in for free repairs.
In the mean time, you should probably shy away from installing Update 4.2. Unless, of course, you're using a modded console. In that case, you totally deserve your comeuppance.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 330
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19