I and many tipsters have encountered some issues tonight when trying to launch the game.
Here's what we know:
- The Launcher is downloading something small.
- It is taking much longer than the 2 minutes estimated.
- Sometimes the download fails.
- Once the "something" has been downloaded, some are getting "unable to validate game version".
- Constant attempts to log in appear to make the error go away.
- There is no indication of what has been downloaded.
We will update you as soon as we know anything.
Please note: There is no indication patch 3.3 is dropping. NONE.
Update 8:55pm: Blizzard says that the downloading issues are due to "prime time" and gives some advice in this link, mostly suggesting to wait.
Update 8:44pm: Blizzard is calling this a "Tools Patch" and saying that "Safe Mode with Networking" is solving some people's problems. Obviously the issues are not fixed.
Update 8:30pm: Blizzard says they have fixed the issues. Anyone still having problems should take the steps outlined in this link.