"Nobody's really taken on that kind of medieval Christian notion of the afterlife as a very real place that you go to, you know, just under the ground, and there's monsters and demons and rivers," Knight said. "It's just a crazy, fantastical, incredible vision that Dante Alighieri had for Hell, and my execs immediately saw the potential there for a real game."
In addition to the appeal of Hell -- a concept that "everybody has some knowledge of" -- we can imagine that EA appreciated what is basically a licensed game based on a public domain property, especially these days.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 364
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Sony PlayStation Portable PSP-2000
Microsoft Xbox One