Once firmware 3.10 is installed, the PS3 will be able to send updates to a user's Facebook wall indicating which Trophies they've just unlocked in games and what they've recently purchased from the PSN's PlayStation Store. Developers will have the ability to access Facebook functionality to send more detailed updates to the site from their games, and these options can (as was the case with Trophies) be patched into titles currently on shelves.
As foreshadowed by screenshots leaked last week, firmware 3.10 brings with it a handful of other user interface tweaks -- demoed by PlayStation Network director of operations, Eric Lempel, in a video after the break -- but, alas, still no cross-game voice chat. At least the friends list is ditching the ugliness introduced with firmware 3.00.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25