It's turkey time (otherwise known as Pilgrim's Bounty) in the World of Warcraft starting this weekend (so keep your eyes peeled for festivities Sunday morning and onward) -- and starting next week (at least if you live in the US), in real life as well. But for this weekend, at least, it's time for all of us to jump in game and have a little fun before the stress of holidays, relatives, and just-how-long-does-it-take-to-cook-a-turkey-anyway? is upon us. So what is the WoW.com team doing before heading /afk for the holiday? Playing
- Adam Holisky: DA:O still.
- Alex Ziebart: Finally finished Dragon Age, so it's old and busted now. Dragon Age? More like Disco Age, right? Right? So I'm playing Left 4 Dead 2 instead. Multiplayer zombie killing always rules.
- C. Christian Moore: Just gearing up the paladin a bit. That's about it, really.
- Chase Christian (@madsushi): I have been poking around with the Torchlight demo, and we're going to shoot for Yogg+1 to get our Ulduar drakes this weekend!
- Christian Belt (@ihatewarlocks): More Torchlight! Also, Retro Game Challenge for the DS. If you grew up playing video games in the late-80's/early-90's, you owe it to yourself to purchase and play that game. It captures the experience of gaming in that era perfectly, from the simple challenge of the games right down to the secrets and cheat-codes in gaming mags. Also, if more folks buy it, maybe somebody will publish the much-improved and fantastic-looking sequel over here. So get going!
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): Nothing! I'll actually be heading home for the week of Thanksgiving to visit my family. I am sort of sulky that I will miss Pilgrim's Bounty, but I will console myself with a genuine RL Thanksgiving Feast and tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. And I guess spending time with my family after not having seen them for half a year. I suppose that counts too.
- Dominic Hobbs (@DMZduffry): Raiding on the lock and gearing my fresh 80 disc.
- Eddie Carrington (@Brigwyn): Right now it's starting to look like it's going to be a quiet one. I should be getting my way out of the worgen-infested Grizzly Hills. (Oh wait. Hope I didn't just slip and talk about a spoiler...)
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Workin' on comics and questing in the Borean Tundra. The Taunka are now my new best friends. :3 That's...really about it. ^_^; Maybe some Torchlight or Dragon Age if I'm lucky.
- Lisa Poisso (@emused): Gonna order a pizza tonight and eat in front of the TV (a real rarity at this house!) and then do some retro raiding with my husband and son. ZG the other night was soooo sweet; so many memories of our wee baby guild tearing it up back in the day in our Dire Maul blues. My husband's pulling for the BRD/Strat/Scholo/UBRS combo tonight, but I'm pulling for AQ 20/40 ... Then log on our level 30s and shred us some Hillsbrad – yes, both the NPCs and the PCs ... Delicioso!
- Michael Sacco (@mikesacco): Leveling Fairwind, my new paladin alt. Catching up with old high school friends. Seething over my defeat at the hands of country-western music at the karaoke finals.
- Mike Schramm (@mikeschramm): Still leveling the paladin. He's 78, hoping to hit 80 this weekend and then start grinding out mats so I can get to da chopper.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): I'll be checking out the Pilgrim's Bounty event, but mostly I'll be coloring with my daughter and running the first family Champions game. No, not the MMO, but the pencil, paper and dice game. I have an ancient 4th edition book, GM screen, hex map, cardboard standups and a whole lotta six sided dice. I started planning this the moment The Spawn announced that Iron Man asked her to join the Super Hero Squad and that she wanted to be super strong and fly. *happy geekmom sigh*
- Zach Yonzon (@battlemasters): It seems that our guild is being resuscitated, and I'm excited to play again. Aside from warming up for another run at the game, I'm going for an actual run for the Men's Health Urbanathlon on Sunday. I'm thinking playing WoW might be a wee bit easier...
Now it's your turn, dearest readers. What do you find yourself playing this weekend?