My family is awesome, especially Uncle Jame! He's a really nice guy and makes my sister some of the best dresses we've ever seen, the guy should totally be on Project Runway. He's got this adorable dog, Precious, but she's a bit yappy and smells like mothballs -- she also has this weird thing about holes in the ground. Come to think of it, Uncle Jame is a little weird. He always tells us to rub more juices over the turkey so that it's easier to cut later, and at the dinner table he always wants more gravy or "else we'll get the hose again." I don't quite get it, but he's a little eccentric. Nice guy, though ... I think.
Have a happy Thanksgiving and safe travels from all of us here at Joystiq. What's everyone playing this long weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Seeing if I can get over the difficulty curve of Left 4 Dead 2 and playing Ratchet and Clank.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): I will take this long weekend to play every GOTY candidate possible. (Translation: I'll probably finish my Crushing playthrough of Uncharted 2, play PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe, and sleep all weekend.)
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): Aside from my quest to follow Dave's Cheevo insanity in Assassin's Creed 2, I'll be gritting my teeth through Demon's Souls and (with any luck) getting back into Brütal Legend. I'll likely be capping fools in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 as well – add "Enormina" on PSN if you want to join me!
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): The plan: Assassin's Creed 2 and Dragon Age: Origins. The reality: Turkey, raking mom's capacious yard, and driving a lot. Oh, and Cobra Command on iPhone!
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): Now that I've done every single quest and collected every feather in Assassin's Creed 2 (and every Achievement!), I'll probably be hitting the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned in Borderlands and, possibly, finally getting back to this Brütal Legend game I started what seems to be many, many moons ago. I'm also hoping to get to the coconut custard pie DLC for Thanksgiving, though I'm concerned there won't be enough storage space in my tummy drive.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): Between Assassin's Creed 2, the truly wonderful Phantasy Star Zero and a large bucket of sweet potato casserole, I plan on having the greatest weekend of my life. Hold my calls.
- James Ransom-Wiley: I'll be scaling walls, dashing across rooftops and, of course, nimbly stabbing fools! That is, if I ever awake from that food coma ...
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): I'm giving my consoles the weekend off as I visit family. So it's just me and Phantasy Star Zero for a while. Oh, and my family. And, like Chris, I'm totally packing my headphones so I can play Cobra Command.
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): I'm going to be exclusively sticking to Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, a little L4D2 and Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective on the Sega CD (Thanks Patrick!)
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): ...
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): It's just a regular weekend for me, but I'll be thankful enough to continue my quest in Dragon Age: Origins. I'm also playing Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, which only excels at proving what a big fan I am of the franchise.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) ...
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): Now that MW2 is done, it's nothing but Torchlight and New Super Mario Bros. Wii with the Mrs. We've gotten really, really good. Like The Wizard good. And probably some with the in-laws. Oh, and SingStarHotel Dusk, for some reason. And maybe BlazBlue, Uncharted 2 or L4D2 if GameFly wills it.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): It's time to finish off potential Game of the Year candidates, and that means spending time with Assassin's Creed 2, Borderlands, Uncharted 2, Torchlight and Dragon Age: Origins. Also, what's this Thankgiving thing everyone is talking about? Wasn't that in October?
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Spending some time driving around in his van.)