- While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
- On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
- Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
- Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
- Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power-cycling.
- SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
- Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed.
- Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG phones to be opened.
*Verizon is currently in the process of acquiring AOL, Engadget's parent company. However, Engadget maintains full editorial control, and Verizon will have to pry it from our cold, dead hands.