Here we are at the end of our current bracket ... And what a fight this last one will be! Bring your earplugs, because we suspect this fight's going to be on the loud side: Skadi the Ruthless versus Svala Sorrowgrave. The two Utgarde Pinnacle residents step into the Two Bosses Thunderdome with nearly identical seeding. Skadi took out the venerable General Bjarngrim with 56% spectator approval, while Svala sacrificed Salramm the Fleshcrafter with 57% of the vote.
Let's review the ground rules:
- Why don't we drag Svala's altar around the corner into Skadi's hall? As always, we'll consider the Two Bosses Thunderdome neutral territory, where both combatants are able to access their usual encounter mechanics and abilities. If you can come up with a stylish way to do that in the comments, you may earn more votes for your chosen victor.
- All of the competitors' abilities, including crowd control and other effects to which bosses are usually immune, work on their opponents.
- Assume that the opponents share similar levels, health pools and comparative overall damage output.
- Don't get caught up in gameplay mechanics and what actual players might do in each encounter.
- Don't neglect style, story and scale.
In Corner One: Skadi the Ruthless (Utgarde Pinnacle)
What mongrels dare intrude here? Look alive, my brothers! A feast for the one that brings me their heads!
Skadi the Ruthless is an Undead Frost Vrykul who resides in Utgarde Pinnacle. He is named after the northern goddess of winter and the hunt in Norse mythology.
Upon engaging in battle, Skadi flies up above the terrace on his Protodrake, to strafe foes below as they push through waves of his Frost Vrykul. Opponents pick up harpoons to shoot the drake, eventually killing it and forcing Skadi to the ground and into hand-to-hand battle.
Read more about Skadi the Ruthless's battle tactics, and review comments from players who've faced him.
In Corner Two: Svala Sorrowgrave (Utgarde Pinnacle)
My liege! I have done as you asked, and now beseech you for your blessing!
Svala Sorrowgrave, the first boss of Utgarde Pinnacle, is a Vrykul who is being transformed by the Lich King himself into a Val'kyr just as you enter her room. She periodically sacrifices an opponent on her altar, held in place by three summoned Ritual Channelers who must be killed to release the victim.
Read more about Svala Sorrowgrave's battle tactics and review comments from players who've fought her.
The Thunderdome smackdown
Two Boss matchups are about substance and style, not game play and mechanics. Don't base your strategies on player tactics, which opponent has been easiest or most difficult for you personally, or the difficulty of each opponent relative to instance progression. Vote for the spirit of the battle as set forth above. Set aside differences in opponents' health pools, game level and actual damage output. Absolutely no game-mechanic nitpicking!
Who wins, and why? We'll see you down below in the comments. Style points and influence to spectators who use the comments to sway other readers to their point of view!
|Skadi wins (Svala dies)||1057 (63.7%)|
|Svala wins (Skadi dies)||541 (32.6%)|
|Tie (something else happens)||62 (3.7%)|
Who rocks Wrath's five-man world? Vote now and cheer on your favorite for this round in Two Bosses Enter, One Boss Leaves: The Original Wrath Five-Man Season. Review the current fighting bracket and consider who you think will come out on top.