The holidays, alas, are behind us, and most of us are back to our regular daily grind of work, school, or whatever other responsibilities life might have set for us. But on the weekend, we can put all of that behind us and slack off 'til our heart's content -- or if not content, at least more contented. For many of the WoW.com staff -- and perhaps many of you, as well -- this means we'll be in World of Warcraft
, running ICC, leveling alts, and grinding our way through as many random dungeons as possible. So, if you care about our poor exploits (or even if you just want to brag about your own), read onward!
- Adam Holisky (@adamholisky): Assuming my internet connection stays up for more than 20 minutes at a time, I'll be finishing off another 80 while participating in some ICC 25-man raiding.
- Alex Ziebart (@aziebart): I am dumping my girlfriend for my XBox 360, but it's okay because she's dumping me for the Oculus in her furious attempts at getting the drake.
- Allison Robert: Some RL correspondence to catch up on, and likely some scheming on how to get my main over the last few-hundred points hurdle to the It's Over 9,000 feat of strength.
- Brian Wood: I'll be working on recruitment for my new raid team Wyrmfoe and meeting all the new raiders coming on board. I'll also finally buckle down and do all the math on the hunter tier 9 2-piece vs the tier 10 4-piece bonuses. I secretly think tier 9 will win until I can get tier 10.75.
- C. Christian Moore: Leveling up a level 60 paladin twink for AV. He's already 51. The instance leveling nerf wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, he's at /9 hours played. :D 45-64 are the easiest levels tho, so he should be 60 in probably ~11 or possibly ~12 hours played. IRL, it's the wife and I's engagement anniversary (as well as her birthday) so we'll be spending a lot of time together. Update: 11 hours, 53 minutes. Level 60 paladin is gonna start gearing up now to own some noobs in AV. :D
- Chase Christian (@madsushi): Working more on Putricide this weekend, and doing as many ICC runs on my alts as I can possibly handle.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): Despite a really, really busy weekend coming up, I still want to make plans to get some random dungeon runs in to get at least one more piece of T9 on my druid. I'm also thinking I should level up my hunter again just so she can use all the ammo I churned out on my death knight while leveling up engineering.
- Eliah Hecht (@eliah): Done badge farming for the priest; time to start on the druid. Also excited for Chuck on Sunday.
- Fox Van Allen (@foxvanallen): I'm going to finally take on the Plagueworks in ten man. There's only one item from there on my wish list: the Abracadaver. Supposedly, the damage from the proc stinks, but there's still something undeniably cool about a shadow priest commanding the undead.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Probably going to faff about in Zul'Drak for a bit, then I'm going to be drawing my cowhide off. I have a lot of comics to do before I am...ah...'incapacitated' near the end of January.
- Lisa Poisso (@eMused): Savoring a return to my original WoW character, who retired several years ago. I'll probably spend most of the weekend cleaning her bank. There are sooo many memories I simply can't part with. Last night, my husband and partner in crime re-discovered his Arcanite Reaper, while I was ooh'ing and ahh'ing over my Benediction, Prophecy, Transcendence, and Confessor's sets. So sweet. The chat on this old server today is amazing -- people in Trade actually chat about gaming! Very different from my current main server, where people use Trade to set up raids and talk smack. You think maybe the older servers mellow with age?
- Matt Low (@matticus): Working on Loremaster now and some other achievements. I made a resolution to try to break 8000 achievement points before Cataclysm hits. There will be some PvP ones I will need to go after as well.
- Matthew Rossi: Possible GDKP run Saturday, then ICC10 Sunday.
- Michael Sacco (@mikesacco): Podcast, more game design iteration for Hemlock, Law and Order reruns.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): Wintergrasp on my druid. Otherwise, Ladies Robin and Cricket Gigglezilla will be tearing up Toontown. Splat!
And so, readers, it comes to you -- what are you up to in game this weekend